Exploring the Maine South High School and Community Attendance Boundary Home Search
Nestled 30 minutes northwest of downtown Chicago, Maine South High School is located in a suburban area that primarily serves Park Ridge, along with portions of Harwood Heights, Niles, Norridge, and Norwood Park Township. The school community at Maine South is a vibrant tapestry, with students representing 38 different languages. Notably, 11.3% of students reside in homes where English is not the primary language. The school's student population is characterized by its diversity, with 82.4% White, 0.4% Black, 10.3% Latinx, 4.3% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, and 2.4% identifying as two or more races.
Maine South boasts an enrollment of 2,501 students and an average class size of 25, ensuring a personalized and engaging educational experience. The school prides itself on offering a comprehensive, innovative, and rigorous public education program that caters to the diverse needs of its students.
Student Services Staff
Maine South is committed to providing robust support services for its students and their families. The administrative team overseeing these services includes:
- Associate Principal/Student & Family Services: Ms. Kyleen Coia (Email: [email protected])
- Postsecondary Counselor: Robyn Moreth (Email: [email protected])
- Counselors: A team of dedicated counselors, including Trisha Conlon, Stephanie Maksymiu, William Milano, Erin Sanchez, Timothy Spiegel, Diane Spillman, Robert Tortorelli, Cris Villalobos, Meghan Wood, and Kerry Belville as the Registrar, ensures students receive guidance and support throughout their academic journey.
Grading and Curriculum
Maine South High School follows a comprehensive grading system. District 207 reports both weighted and non-weighted grade point averages on transcripts. All courses are graded on a four-point scale. Accelerated and Advanced Placement (AP) courses receive an additional bonus point, reflected in the weighted GPA. Driver Education does not factor into the GPA, while Physical Education counts in the non-weighted GPA. Pass/NP (Pass/No Pass) courses do not impact the GPA. However, beginning with the spring semester of 2020, a grade listed as "NG" (No Grade) provides no credit and has no GPA impact.
The school transitioned to an integrated math curriculum in the 2019-20 school year, emphasizing standards in Algebra, Functions, Geometry, Number and Quantities, and Statistics. Math courses are unweighted.
Class of 2021 At a Glance
In the first year after graduation:
- 67% enrolled in a 4-year college
- 15% enrolled in a 2-year college
Notable Achievements from the Class of 2022 include:
- 2 National Merit Finalist Students
- 3 National Merit Semifinalist Students
- 18 National Merit Commended Students
- 139 Illinois State Scholars
Maine South High School is dedicated to academic excellence, with approximately 80% of its teachers holding an M.A. degree or higher. The school is accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education, ensuring a high-quality education for its students.
- Website: south.maine207.org
- Address: 1111 S. Dee Road, Park Ridge, IL 60068
- Phone: 847.825.7711
- CEEB Code: 143377
- Dr. Ken Wallace: Superintendent
- Dr. Ben Collins: Principal
For detailed information on the school's curriculum, please visit isweb.maine207.org/Course_catalog/. Maine South High School District 207 is committed to preparing students for both college and career, offering a wide array of courses, including Advanced Placement (AP) and Dual Credit options. The academic program aligns with the career pathways concept, providing students with a well-rounded education to prepare them for future success.
Maine South High School prides itself on its highly qualified faculty and its commitment to providing a rigorous and enriching educational experience. Accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education, Maine South is dedicated to ensuring that every student has the opportunity to excel academically and achieve their full potential.