6 Trendy Chicago Neighborhoods Featured In the Movies
Chicago has been featured in many famous movies over the years, and many of these films have featured specific neighborhoods within the city. Some of the most notable Chicago neighborhoods that have been featured in movies include:
- Wicker Park: This neighborhood was the setting for the 2004 romantic drama "Wicker Park," starring Josh Hartnett and Diane Kruger. The film follows the story of a man searching for his lost love in the trendy, bohemian neighborhood.
- Lincoln Park: This neighborhood was the setting for the 2004 comedy "Mean Girls," starring Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams. The film was set at the fictional North Shore High School, which is located in the heart of Lincoln Park.
- Hyde Park: This neighborhood was the setting for the 2008 drama "The Express," starring Rob Brown and Dennis Quaid. The film is based on the true story of Ernie Davis, the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy, and it was filmed at the University of Chicago and in various locations around Hyde Park.
- The Loop: This neighborhood was the setting for the 2008 drama "The Dark Knight," starring Christian Bale and Heath Ledger. The film features several iconic locations in the Loop, including the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower) and the Chicago Board of Trade Building.
- Old Town: This neighborhood was the setting for the 2000 romantic comedy "High Fidelity," starring John Cusack and Jack Black. The film follows the story of a record store owner in Old Town, and it features several locations in the neighborhood, including the music store where Cusack's character works.
- River North: This neighborhood was the setting for the 1995 crime thriller "Die Hard with a Vengeance," starring Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson. The film features several locations in River North, including the Merchandise Mart, and it also features Willis Tower prominently.
These are just a few examples of Chicago neighborhoods that have been featured in famous movies. Chicago has been a popular location for filmmakers over the years, and the city's diverse neighborhoods, architecture, and culture have provided a unique backdrop for many films.
Post a Comment